Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Intro

I'm a professional writer. I started out as an unpaid blogger, right here on Google's Blogger. And I had every blogger's dream come true - I got hired to write professionally for a number of local publications and some websites, mostly having to do with food, travel, and local human interest stories.

I gave up posting to my blog here (Lainie's Last Stand) because I just didn't have time to create recipes for free anymore. But then a funny thing happened: I discovered I still had lots to say on a variety of topics and that my paid outlets weren't giving me a place to give expression to those things. So I'm back here on Blogger to see if anyone cares about my opinion. And to respond to my alma mater's (Gettysburg College) student blog, Surge, (http://surgegettysburg.wordpress.com/) on its most recent topic. That's where I'm starting out; let's see where it goes from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment